Hi, my name is Yearim!
I'm a Classical Pianist and a Software Engineer.
Yearim Leslie Yi is a South Korean-American classical pianist, teaching artist, and a full-stack developer. She has shown her interest in classical music in the early age that has led her to studying the piano at the age of five and the violin at the age of nine.
Yearim has received her master's degree from the Manhattan School of Music (Master of Music, MM), after graduating from the Florida State University (Bachelor of Music, BM). In April of 2019, she made her Carnegie debut, and has been actively teaching and performing as a solo and chamber musician at prestigious music festivals across the States.
Recently, she made her transition into tech, after graduating from Flatiron School Coding Bootcamp. Yearim works full-time as a software engineer and resides in New York City.
When she is not behind the keyboards (piano or computer), you may also find her around the city, working as a portrait photographer.
06/2021 - 10/2021
New York, NY
School of Music
Class of 2021
New York, NY
Master of Music (MM)
3.9 SUMMA CUM LAUDE
Florida State University
Class of 2019
Bachelor of Music (BM)
3.8 MAGNA CUM LAUDE
Message Transportation Layer
Working in a backend engineering team called Message Transportation Layer (MTL) using C-sharp and .Net as our primary language and framework.
- Implementing and Developing an end-to-end layer that is used to receive, convert and deliver types of messages across the enterprise.
- Participate in presentations and paired coding
- Technologies include C# , .NET, Kafka, Docker, Firebase.
NYC Bootcampers Anonymous
As part of Teladoc Health's Apprenticeship program, I participated at NYC Bootcampers Anonymous for A Night of Tech Lightning Talks.
The Topic includes
- Prerequisite: Message Queue and Publish & Subscribe Pattern
- What is Kafka?
- Benefits of Using Kafka
- Setting Up Kafka in C#
- Short Demo
Brainstormers is an application that provides tools used for studying and learning by creating/studying study sets and flashcards.
- Modeled custom database schema and REST API with Active Record, Postgres and Ruby on Rails
- Built front end using React and Redux asynchronous data retrieval
- Authenticated and authorized users at login with Bcrypt
- Implemented Design using Material UI, Semantic UI
Interested in my work or collaboration opportunities?
Reach out to me on any of these platforms!
I will get back to you as soon as possible.
New York, NY